We create a Catholic environment where all kinds of learners succeed. Our classrooms are flexible— allowing us the freedom to tailor instruction and creative play for each student. Given the enormous variation among children of the same age, curriculum, teaching and interactions with children are as individualized as possible. Our teachers get to know each child in their class well. Responding to each child’s unique needs is fundamental to ensuring our children are confident, happy and engaged young learners preparing for kindergarten.
2019-20 Preschool Registration
Registration for the 2019-20 preschool year will begin on January 7, 2019. Our Open House will take place on Sunday, January 13 from 3-5 PM. The 2019-20 preschool class schedule will be announced soon — check back here for details.
Sign Up for a Preschool Tour
If you would like to sign up for a preschool tour, please fill out our contact form here and our director will be in touch with you soon.
2018-19 Preschool Schedule
To register for preschool for the 2018-19 school year, view the registration instructions here.
Wolfhound Adventures Registration
To learn more and view our most recent schedule, click here.
“Since at Saint Brigid Preschool, we have seen our three children grow and develop in kindness, self-esteem, confidence, cognitive skills, and spirituality. The teachers provide a faith-based environment that lays a solid foundation for academic excellence.”
—Chad & Tina White, Preschool Parents
“We love knowing our children are happy, learning, having fun and, most of all, safe with our St. Brigid family.”
—Anthony & Heather Sola, Preschool Parents
Our curriculum addresses cognitive, social, emotional, spiritual and physical development of the whole child, all in a Catholic environment that will further enhance and facilitate the growth and development of each child. We pride ourselves on:
- Providing our students with a sense of self-worth as God’s children while enhancing self-confidence and self-esteem in all learners
- Encouraging students to successfully function in a group of peers through
cooperation, sharing, friendship and values
- Offering experiences that support and encourage emerging literacy
- Providing concrete experiences with learning activities and problem-solving
- Fostering an environment that nurtures and values the development of children as individuals, and acknowledges and develops the curiosity and enthusiasm inherent in all young children
- Modeling a cooperative and supportive partnership between children, teachers and parents, and establishing a positive connection between home and school
- Visits to the church
- Family Literacy Night
- Las Posadas Christmas celebration
- Computer classes
- Library visits for story time
- End of year family picnic
- Music teacher and special music programs
- Weekly gym time
- 4th grade buddies for 4’s and PreK
Teachers at St. Brigid Preschool are qualified in early childhood education with extensive practical experience working with young children. The staff/child ratios at St. Brigid Preschool surpass the Ohio Department of Education Standards (ODE).
All classes have at least an 8:1 child to teacher ratio, with many classes having an even lower child to teacher ratio.
The Ohio Department of Education has published on their website a readiness checklist for parents, which you can view by clicking here. This may help give you an idea of what the state considers important milestones for determining kindergarten readiness.
Click below to view our most recent email newsletters.
Contact preschool director Hillary Harper at (614) 718-5825 or email@example.com